Forensic Accounting Standards
APRA Report on SuperannuationA working paper released by APRA has provided an in-depth assessment of the Australian superannuation industry’s investment performance across all funds and sectors from June 1995 to June 2002 and highlights a number of keypoints relevant to the industry.
View the report here (PDF, 125KB).
Note: (You will need Acrobat Reader to read the document or contact your system administrator for assistance.)
- High Court Rules (1952) – see Order 38
- Federal Court Practice Direction for expert witnesses
- Federal Court – Practice Note 121 – Guidelines for Expert Witnesses
- Federal Court Rules – Order 34A – Rule 2
and Rule 3
- NSW Supreme Court Rules
- NSW Code of Professional Conduct
- NSW Supreme Court Rules (1970)- Rule 36.13C and Schedule K and see Part 39
- NSW Supreme Court – Practice Note No 104 – Professional Negligence List
- NSW Supreme Court – Practice Note No 121 – Joint Conferences of Expert Witnesses – regarding contents of joint reports
- SA Supreme Court Practice Directions –See Civil Practice Direction No 46
- SA Supreme Court – Practice Direction No 46
- SA Supreme Court Rules (1987) – see Rule 82 under the subheading ‘Court Experts’
- Supreme Court (Intellectual Property) Rules (1996)(Vic)
- WA Supreme Court Rules (1971) – see Order 40
Family Court of Australia
- Practice Direction No 2 of 2003 – Guidelines for expert witnesses and those instructing them in proceedings in the Family Court.
- New Family Law Rules
- Family Law Rules 2004 – see Schedule 5 – Expert Conferences
Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal
- VCAT – Practice Note 2 – Expert Evidence
NSW New South Wales Legislation:
- New South Wales Government Legislation Home Page
- Legal Profession Act 1987 No 109
- Civil Liability Act 2002 No 22
- Compensation to Relatives Act 1897
- Dust Diseases Tribunal Act 1989 No 63
- Motor Accidents Act 1988 No 102
- Motor Accidents Compensation Act 1999 No 41
- Property Relationships Act
- Transport Administration Act 1988 No 109
- Workers Compensation Act 1987 No 70
- Victorian Government Legislation Home Page
- Wrongs Act 1958
- Wrongs and Other Acts (Public Liability Insurance Reform) Act 2002
- The VIC VCAT Act (1998)
Present Value Tables (PDF, 19KB): How $1 left at compound interest will grow and what $1 due in the future is worth today. (Figure used to calculate superannuation economic loss).
$1 per week factors (PDF, 59KB): This document provides a schedule of $1 per week factors for males and females at 3%, 5% and 6% discount rates ceasing at death, age 65, age 60 and age 55 which include mortality according to Australian Life Table 2000 to 2002.
Reasonable Benefit Limits table This table is used to determine the concessional tax rates limits of reasonable benefit limit (RBL) for a particular financial year. Includes both the pension and lump sum RBL.
ATO.gov.au: This table is used to determine the concessional tax rates limits of reasonable benefit limit (RBL) for a particular financial year. Includes both the pension and lump sum RBL.
Low rate threshold?post-June 83 components of eligible termination payments(ATO.gov.au): This table contains the low rate threshold limits set each financial year for the cash amount of any post-June 1983 component a person can receive that is taxed at the lowest rates for eligible termination payments. The limit is a lifetime limit.
Perpetual Calendar (Word Doc, 242 KB): Work out the day of the week of a particular date falls on. Covers 1897 to 2036.
Online CalculatorsThe World Clock: The World Clock – Time Zones
Foreign Currency Convertor: FXConverter (Foreign Exchange Currency Converter) is a multi-lingual Currency Converter with up to date exchange rates provided from leading market data contributors and is filtered for validity for 164 currencies.
Unit Converter:To convert any measurement to the terminology that you are familiar with.